Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Duck and Cover!

The other day while wandering around Best Buy I noticed the Special Addition of Fall Out 3. Paul is a big fan of the fallout series of games, especially Tactics (which he will defend loudly when anyone brings up the fact that the creators don't consider it cannon for whatever reason). It was sitting on the shelf in it's collector lunch box touting all its neat collector type stuff so I decided I'd pick it up for him as a surprise.

Yeah, so 70 bucks and a few days later, he installed it and started playing. He hates it. Ok, maybe hate is the wrong word....lets try... abhors it? Yeah, that sounds about right. Absolutely ABHORS it. He didn't even play through the first area without putting down the keyboard and mouse (yeah btw, we got a new Sony LCD 46 inch tv for the front room which we have hooked up to one of the computers) and walked out of the room to go build houses on the sims 2.

It's too bad that Paul doesn't like it, but as of yet, I've been playing for a few hours now and I REALLY like it. I feel it has a really good amount of balance between BSU and interaction with NPCs- the graphics are good and as of yet I'm having a lot of fun. The customization of my chars skills and such have been neat. I saw on a forum someone saying something about how the Fallout games aren't for girls and that girls just don't like them. I feel like yelling Nee-ner Nee-ner and pulling a stupid face at them at the moment, because, well, I like it!

2 comments:

  1. graphics are good? how about eye jarring?? like if you play it too much you get migraines, i sat and watched jim play through some of it when it came out and its just headache city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've noticed that some people have an adverse reaction to some first person shooters. Also, maybe it had something to do with the gamma settings for your screen?

    ReplyDelete